According to the Boston Herald, there’s a building boom going on in South Boston, with 600 new units under construction in 7 locations. Median prices have rebounded to the same levels seen two years ago — and year over year the number of sales are up (unlike many part of the city). More details:
Among the projects in the planning stages or under construction include:
- The Distillery, 516-524 East Second St. The project contains 65 units, including a mix of artist live/work, loft-style and conventional units, an art gallery, a greenhouse and small retail. Seeking Zoning Board of Appeals approval in October.
- Emerald Court. The BRA-approved proposal for 245 condominiums and 3,600 square feet of retail space is located between D, C, West 1st and West 2nd streets.
- 11 West Broadway. A developer seeks approval for 50 units above the Broadway MBTA Station.
- St. Augustine, 209 E Street. The BRA will consider approval later this month on a plan to convert the former elementary school into 39 condominiums on four floors.
- 3 Dorchester St. The completed first phase includes 26 affordable units. Phase II has been approved for 22 units.
- 902 East Second St. The BRA approved 34 units in 2007, and construction is expected to start next year.