This article discusses the spread between the conforming and jumbo rates, which has been closer until recently. It mostly comes down to lenders having few options where they can sell the jumbos loans, where the government will buy every conforming mortgage you can send them:
For anyone who might be concerned about mortgage defaults, I wanted to highlight these charts to show the risk level the banks are accepting on jumbo loans. This is the safest-looking data I’ve ever seen – it would take a catastrophic event for us to have a mortgage meltdown like we had last time:
A credit score of 775, equity over 20%, and a debt-to-income ratio under 33% is a dream borrower!
Filed under: More, please
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos $550k
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.