The Times has an article today about a nice young couple who bought their first home back in 2001.
No, not a 900-square foot one bedroom cottage.
An abandoned firehouse, now a multi-use facility, complete with a 3,000-square foot penthouse residence, a concert hall and a recording studio on the second floor, and a “cocktail lounge”, below that.
What, you can’t relate?
Meanwhile, the couple had 3,000 square feet of living space and hardly any furniture. They were tempted simply to drive to Ikea, about a mile away, and pick up everything they needed.
But looking for furniture became a three-year exploration of shared passions …
… There are also a number of Danish modern pieces, including a chaise by Hans Wegner, bought at a furniture auction in Boston. A few “but only a few” pieces are from Ikea.
“It took three years to figure out how to furnish it and really make it livable, because it’s just so big,” Ms. Craig said.
You’ve had to endure such a tough life!
In a Firehouse, Life With Art and Music – By Fred A Bernstein, The New York Times
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.