This Tuesday, September 4, the South End Landmarks committee is holding a hearing on the fate of the Alexandra Hotel.
As many South Enders know, the Alexandra Hotel is a dramatic structure at the corners of Washington Street and Massachusetts Avenue. The building, abandoned for years, has been an eyesore, at least since 1999, when a fire made much of it inhabitable.
The owner, Peter Bakis, has ignored city requests (and demands) that he improve the interior and exterior of the building, and apparently has not considered selling it, either. (It is not just ugly to look at, it’s a fire and safety hazard.)
Most recently, on June 15, the owner missed a city-imposed deadline for releasing new design plans or providing a signed sales contract. It was an either-or requirement.
Well, we all have a chance to speak up about what we think.
The South End Landmarks meeting is open to the public. The owner is holding the meeting to “seek an advisory opinion on renewing a certificate of appropriateness for redevelopment plans filed in 2002”, according to this week’s Boston Courant.
According to the City of Boston website, the meeting will be held from 5:15 to 9:45 PM, in room #801, at City Hall. (If you show up after 5:30 PM, enter on Congress Street, not through the main fortress entrance on the Government Center plaza.)
I encourage you to attend. I’ll be there. And, prepared to say what’s on my mind.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Q 2018