If you’re moving to a new city, should you buy a home right away, or rent for awhile?
My friends, it’s an easy choice.
First, though, I’m talking about if you are moving into a city, not near a city. If you are moving into the suburbs, I think you should probably buy, especially if you have children. I mean, really, you don’t want uncertainty in your lives, if you’re moving to a new city, for a new job.
But … if you’re moving into a city, say with you and your wife or husband or lover, or both, I suggest strongly:
Dude, be serious. If you’ve never lived in a city, you are actually considering moving into town and buying a place, in a neighborhood you know nothing about?
And spend half a million dollars on it?
I don’t think you should.
It has nothing to do with the state of the market, or the high cost of housing.
It has to do with logic and sense.
Plus, what happens if you hate your job, and quit?
Try selling your new home, under those circumstances.
My advice? Wait six months. Then start thinking about buying.
Then, call me.
The Wall Street Journal has a story about moving into a new city, and whether to rent or buy, and the reporter says you should rent, because the market is too unstable.
Buy when you want to own a place to live, not based on what might happen tomorrow or the day after.
I mean, really.
More: Tips for Scouting Out a Market Before Making a Home Purchase – By June Fletcher, The Wall Street Journal
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown/downtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boston condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.