Millennium Partners has unveiled new design plans for the vacant Filene’s Basement site in Downtown Crossing — and it includes a dramatic increase in the number of residential units in the tower, from about 163 to 500 residences, the Globe is reporting.
Millennium’s new design is much taller and slender, similar to the John Hancock tower in the Back Bay. It will be pretty cool looking if completed as designed (but no guarantees there).
But from a real estate perspective, the real news is the fact that it would be its own mini residential neighborhood — with 500 housing units — pumping much needed 24/7 activity into the area. But it’s a lot of units. Especially with a number of other nearby residential projects either already built or in the pipeline.
File under: It’s about time
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENT
- Boston Back Bay condos for sale and rent
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for saleand rent
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale and rent
- Charlestown Navy Yard sale and rent
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale and rent
- Fenway Boston condos for sale and rent
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale and rent
- Leather District Boston condos for sale and rent
- Midtown Downtown condos for sale and rent
- Seaport District condos for sale and rent
- South Boston condos for sale and rent
- South End Boston condos for sale and rent
- Waterfront condos for sale and rent
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.