Here are some real-estate and neighborhood tidbits for all of you fellow news junkies:
— There’s a lot of interest by potential buyers in snapping up the assets of the bankrupt Upper Crust pizza chain, the Globe reports. More than 40 potential bidders have expressed interest in buying the pizzeria business.
Still no word on the ultimate fate of the Charles River restaurant.
— AvalonBay Communities says it may convert to condos some of its planned 503 apartments in a new tower it expects to build next to TD Garden in Boston. Any apartment-to-condo conversions will depend on market conditions, the developer says.
Here’s betting the market has improved enough for a few such conversions. They wouldn’t have brought up the subject if it wasn’t feasible.
— The U.S. Commerce Department says new-home construction starts jumped by 3.6 percent last month, for the most number of housing starts since July 2008.
Hmmm. What happened immediately after July 2008? Oh, that’s right. Fannie Mae went belly up in August 2008, followed by Lehman Brothers in September 2008.
File under: Not bad
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.