Good news, bad news.
Good news: old people aren’t going to be moving into Boston.
Bad news: less buyers.
After modest gains during the current decade, the U.S. senior population will begin to mushroom when the leading edge of the huge baby boom generation reaches age 65 in the year 2011.
Growth is seen mostly from boomers who choose to age in place” usually in their predominantly suburban locales” or move to new homes or rentals in their community, rather than relocate to a new city for their golden years.
“There is little evidence of a widespread “back to the city” movement nationwide among older populations,” the report says. “Suburban areas still gain more pre-seniors and seniors annually than they yield back to cities.”
Source: Boomers Expected to Age in Place, Stay in Suburbs – By Camilla McLaughlin, Realtor.org
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $650k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $650k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $650k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $650k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $650k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $650k – $1M
- Leather District condos $650k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 650k – $1M
- South Boston condos $650k – $1M
- South End condos $650k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $650k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.