So, is it worth it to advertise your listings by hosting open houses?
Many sellers demand that their agents have open houses. (Some of them think, well if you don’t have an open house, what the hell ARE you doing to cost me 5% of my sales proceeds?)
Lots of people think agents have open houses not to advertise the listings they already have, but as a way to find new clients – either buyers walking in, or owners poking around to see the competition is, before they list their own homes for sale.
What do you think?
Meanwhile, some agents are giving up on them, completely.
Downtown condo broker John Ford is celebrating the July 4th holiday in fitting fashion – by declaring independence from open houses.
At the same time, Ford is declaring his allegiance to YouTube, of all things.
Ford, who runs a thriving real estate shop selling high-end condos downtown and on Beacon Hill, hopes someday to say goodbye to open houses altogether. He argues they are increasingly ineffective and costly.
In a first step, Ford is cutting the number of open houses he holds each week in half – from four to two. Instead, he will post videos of the units on the popular YouTube Web site.
John Ford is pretty tech-savvy. He knows what he’s doing. If he thinks it’s a good idea to stop open houses, who am I to argue?
Source: Broker lets YouTube make pitch: Spurns open houses – By Scott Van Voorhis, The Boston Herald
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boston condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.