A sample list of slang terms from the Christian Science Monitor that were born this recession:
10. Funemployment, n. The practice of enjoying one’s unemployment.
8. Staycation, n. Vacationing at home or near home because traveling further would be prohibitively expensive.
7. Intaxication, n. A sense of delight mingled with the perception of instant wealth that one feels upon receiving a tax refund.
6. Madoff’d, v. To get ripped off in a particularly offensive fashion.
4. Mancession, n. A recession, such as this most recent one, which hits men harder than women.
See also: he-cession
2. Permatemp, n. The condition of being permanently employed as a temporary worker.
1. Decruited, adj. To be fired from a position one has not even started yet.
I would add “Boston Condo Porned” – an obsession with the darkest, ugliest charts, articles and anecdotes about the housing market. As in, “I used to go to Boston real estate blog all the time, but I got bored with all of the Boston condo porn.”