One of the founders of the classic S&P/Case-Shiller Home Prices Indices said it’s about time that economists and policymakers better understand basic human characteristics and traits as they apply to capitalism — such as sleaziness.
He’s not proposing that we try to ban sleaziness within the economy. But we do need to understand it, accept it to a certain degree, and regulate it to a certain degree so it doesn’t get out of hand, he says.
Maybe Shiller can come up with a new S&P Case-Shiller Sleaziness Index? The world could use it. Think about it: Some sort of statistical formula to indicate the probable existence of widespread sleazy behavior at work, and then identifying and solving the problem before it’s too late, such as, oh, when the entire economics establishment missed the existence of the possibly greatest economic orgy of all time, i.e. the pre-2008 housing bubble, and how they should have known about its existence when every other person’s ne’re-do-well brother-in-law was involved.
File under: Nobel Economics Prize Potential
Contact me to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENT
- Boston Back Bay condos for sale and rent
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale and rent
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale and rent
- Charlestown Navy Yard sale and rent
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale and rent
- Fenway Boston condos for sale and rent
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale and rent
- Leather District Boston condos for sale and rent
- Midtown Downtown condos for sale and rent
- Seaport District condos for sale and rent
- South Boston condos for sale and rent
- South End Boston condos for sale and rent
- Waterfront condos for sale and rent
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712