We all know that in real estate there was an after-effect of the homebuyer tax credit. It made a lot of us concerned about a general economy “double dip” ahead. But the Business Insider today lists “11 Signs” that the dreaded double dip is not very likely. Among the 11 signs are these brighter-than-expected spots:
- This morning’s retail data came in higher than expectations.
- State tax collections are coming, which indicates an end of the bloodletting at the local level.
- The Rail Industry, a key predictor of real economic strength, is doing nicely
- Weekly initial jobless claims have come dipping back down
- The Stock Market, a leading indicator, is looking strong again
- Existing home sales are so low, they may only have one way to go (up)