Bill Koch, of the legendary Koch business and political family, has purchased a 26-acre compound on Oyster Harbor island in Osterville on the Cape.
The seller was Rachel ‘Bunny’ Mellon (yes, of that other legendary family). She originally wanted $28.7 million for the compound, but had to come down to $19.5 million, for a nearly 33 percent cut in the asking price.
This is how the BBJ describes the compound: “The property at 17 Indian Trail includes nearly 1,000 feet of shoreline, a main house measured at about 7,000 square feet, a beach house, a detached studio, a tennis court and greenhouses, according to a website put up by the realtor, Sotheby’s International. The website called it “one of the most significant parcels on the entire East Coast.”
File under: Pure unadulterated envy.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018