A short while ago, a bunch of states announced, to much fanfare, how they had negotiated a multibillion settlement with all those evil banks accused of screwing up foreclosure cases. The money, the government officials vowed, would go to those harmed by the banking-system process.
But guess what? Many of the states took the dough and are spending it on other government programs. The entire settlement, at least for some states, was simply a way to raise more money. Officials won’t use the words “scam’ or “extortion” or other loaded phrases. But that’s what it comes down to in the end, right?
Think of this the next time a bunch of state attorneys general, or other state officials, announce some major industry settlement, whether it’s with banks, or tobacco companies, or baby-toy makers. More than likely, it’ll just be a legalized extortion scheme disguising what it truly is: A tax increase.
File under: Fraud
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENT
- Boston Back Bay condos for sale and rent
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for saleand rent
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale and rent
- Charlestown Navy Yard sale and rent
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale and rent
- Fenway Boston condos for sale and rent
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale and rent
- Leather District Boston condos for sale and rent
- Midtown Downtown condos for sale and rent
- Seaport District condos for sale and rent
- South Boston condos for sale and rent
- South End Boston condos for sale and rent
- Waterfront condos for sale and rent
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.