Some people think Downtown Crossing works well, as is.
Others think it’s pretty much a cesspool and needs a drastic reworking.
Earlier this week, it was announced that Suffolk University was going to buy the property at 10 West Street to turn it into a dormitory. Suffolk and Emerson College have pretty much taken over the area, during the past several years. Emerson has released plans to renovate the Paramount (ne, Publix) Theater and build a new performance space, just around the corner, on Washington Street.
I say, let’s go for it. Make Downtown Crossing an “urban campus”.
No one lives nearby, no one can complain (er, except for those who live in the Ritz Carlton Towers, right?). It’s far enough away from the Brahmins of Beacon Hill that they won’t get their skirts up in a bunch.
Promoting the neighborhood to developers would bring in more housing, which would lead to more restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and retail, bringing 24-hour a day activity to an otherwise moribund area.
You heard it here, first!
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Q 2018