I was not familiar with this building.
Beacon Street building celebrated for architecture, history – By Jessica Scarpati, The Brookline TAB
Built in 1907, the Stoneholm is an architecturally imposing-looking condo building sitting at 1514 Beacon St became a centenarian this year.
The building sits on the outbound side of Beacon Street, on a hill between Washington Square and Coolidge Corner …
… Architecture critics and historians have noted it as one of the more distinguished Baroque-style buildings in greater Boston, according to a history [Ronald] Brown wrote.
Developer John P. Webber commissioned early 20th-century architect Arthur Hunnewell Bowditch to design the Stoneholm, set to be built next to Webber’s large brick home and stable on the corner of Lancaster and Beacon streets, according to the history.
The property is located at 1514 Beacon Street, in Brookline. Although no condos are currently on the market, there is one unit under agreement – an 1810 square foot, two bedroom, two bathroom condo with two fireplaces (!) and a parking space, listed at $899,000.
Other units in the building have sold over the past several years in the same price range.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.