by Kimberly Blanton, Boston Globe
A former Big Dig contractor and other investors paid nearly $12 million for the Boston Yacht Haven at the end of Commercial Wharf in the North End with plans to possibly turn part of the facility into condominiums…
…The first floor of the property, which rests on its own pilings, houses a marina that is slated for public use and is where some privacy-conscious clientele dock their luxury yachts and wood-hewn sailboats…
…Li said yesterday that a Mumford representative told her the buyers are exploring whether to convert the second and third floors to private use as four condominiums.
”Single family did not come up,” Li said. ”Four condos did come up, and maybe she’s [interested in] one of the condos.”…
…Boston Yacht Haven is a unique property in a city in the midst of an explosion in condominium development. Its 75 boat slips, for rent to the public, were constructed to accommodate large boats such as White Cloud, a 250-foot yacht, which spans three slips and has a helicopter parked on top. A bed and breakfast on the top two floors of the property rents for $250 a night to boaters, captains, and support staff…
Complete article: Great views, uncertain future
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.