Suppose you’re about to turn 65 you’re going to retire, and you have a lot of money. Or even better, you’re turning 62, 57, or 55 and have enough set aside to retire, now (I’ll be 80 years old before I retire, based on my financial advisor’s calculations).
Do you want to move? Where? Why? What’s important to you?
(C)onsulting group ProMatura Group LLC polled a statistical sample of 2,309 boomers recently and found that many already have some ideas about their future plans.
The survey, released at this monthâ€™s conference, found that:
More than half of homeowners age 45 to 54 are â€œlikelyâ€? or â€œvery likelyâ€? to buy a vacation home, investment property or new primary residence in the next five years. And that figure rises to nearly 60 percent for homeowners age 55 to 64.
Just under half of all homeowners 55 or older are likely to move into â€œactive-adultâ€? complexes.
One boomer household in five is thinking about moving into an age-restricted adult community – more than double what a similar study found five years ago.
For example, just 1.7 percent of homeowners age 55 or older say theyâ€™re â€œlikelyâ€? to retire to golf-related communities. And just 5 percent want even a view of a golf course.
By contrast, 25.5 percent hope to live on (or at least have a view of) a lake or river.
Complete article: Boomers facing retirement options – by Kenneth R. Harney, by way of The Boston Herald
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.