With experts spending January analyzing Obama’s performance during his first year in office and of course last night’s election, Zillow decided to study how the value of the White House is holding up.
Zillow first gave the White House a Zestimate in January 2009 as the Obama family was preparing to take residence. At that time, Zilow estimated it was worth $308 million, based on the home’s physical attributes (132 rooms! 55,000 square feet!), historical value and housing performance in the local Washington, DC market.
Today, as President Obama prepares to mark his first anniversary in office, Zillow estimates put White House at a bit less: $292.5 million, a drop of $15.6 million, or 5.1 percent from last January. Hmm…5% loss in value, I wonder if we can blame this on Martha Coakley?
A few of the White House’s attributes: It has 132 rooms, 55,000 square feet, 18 acres, 16 family-guest rooms, an underground bunker, three kitchens, three elevators and 28 fireplaces. See more details on the White House on Zillows blog post, “What is the White House Worth?”
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Q 2018