When pricing your Boston condo for sale many factors are considered including location, size, amenities and ultimately…supply and demand. However there are many common misconceptions around selling real estate and I wanted to share with you my top 4 when it comes to selling.
Price high to expect low offers – – This is the most common myth and backfires more often than not. In Boston we are fortunate to have a strong demand to our real estate offerings and likewise of list to sales price disparity is very low. Buyer and agents are looking at price very closely. The first 10 days of a listing is by far the most important time, not only are your exposing your listing to the mass of buyers “in the market” but first impressions on price are important too. If you expire your active buyers “in the market” you are only left with buyers coming into the market who often are not as motivated as someone who has written three offers and has been looking in your area for months. If your Boston condo is overpriced and not in line with the neighborhood not only will your home not sell, you will be assisting in the sale of others people’s homes*
Discount Realtors, For Sale By Owner, Flat Fee MLS – This is the second most common myth. You may think you can sell your home yourself, maybe you can?, maybe you cant?. It’s true, Realtors don’t work for free but often times their value collectively is realized by sellers after the transaction is completed. I’m all my years working on Boston condos for sale I have never once had a seller tell me a charge too much and almost every times I am able to quantify my value in actual numbers to the seller. Selling a home takes a lot of time and expertise, the exchange of a few words could have a significant impact on the bottom line.
Not every offer is a winner – Don’t get offended if you receive a low offer. It’s your agents duty to present each and every offer to you. Some Boston condos buyers will make very low offers because that is how the want to begin the negotiation process. It doesn’t take long to figure out if they are a serious buyer or not.
As always, give me a shout at, email@example.com or 617-595-3712 and I’d be happy to meet with you.
BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE & RENT
- Boston Back Bay condos for sale and rent
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale and rent
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale and rent
- Charlestown Navy Yard sale and rent
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale and rent
- Fenway Boston condos for sale and rent
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale and rent
- Leather District Boston condos for sale and rent
- Midtown Downtown condos for sale and rent
- Seaport District condos for sale and rent
- South Boston condos for sale and rent
- South End Boston condos for sale and rent
- Waterfront condos for sale and rent\
- Back to homepage Boston condos
- Boston condos for sale
- Boston condos for sale