Always a popular neighborhood with urban dwellers who want proximity to good public transportation and the hottest restaurants, the Downtown/Midtown is continuing to attract new Boston luxury condo buyers. This area is a mix of renovated 5 story condo buildings, luxury high rise buildings with some lofts and newer construction thrown in. Popular with finance workers who can walk to the Financial District by day and cavort along Washington Street by night, the Downtown/Midtown area of Boston is the ultimate urban playground.
Another key with the Downtown/Midtown area is being relatively close to shops, restaurants and services. So the streets just off Washington (or within a couple blocks’ walking distance) usually command higher prices. Additionally, the area around the new Millennium Tower appears to be in transition mode. Not only did Millennium Tower sell out rather quickly, but restaurants and Cafe’s draw diners from other parts of Boston such as Back Bay and Beacon Hill.
The Boston luxury condo market is robust in the Downtown/Midtown area and the latest stats reveals a pretty solid 2018 market so far.
There are currently 43 luxury condos on the market, as well as 15 condos in contract. So it seems like the available condos are keeping pace with those going under agreement.
I expect the Boston Downtown/Midtown condo market will hold its own throughout 2018.
Buying a Downtown/Midtown Boston condo for sale
- Downtown Boston condo buyer mistakes
- Boston condos for sale: Tips for Boston Midtown condo buyers
- Why people are moving into Downtown/Midtown Boston condos
- Boston Midtown and Downtown up-and-coming neighborhoods
- Boston luxury condo amenities Boston high rise condo buyers like
- Boston Downtown/Midtown on the rise
- Advice for first time downtown Boston condo buyers
- What code words should I know when buying a downtown Boston condo?
- How to select a downtown Boston neighborhood to buy a Boston condo
- Why make Downtown Boston your first home?
- Tips you should know before moving into a Downtown/Midtown condo for sale or rent
- Why young professionals are buying Boston Midtown/Downtown condos
- Boston Midtown condo sales volume
- Boston Midtown condos benefits of urban living
- Boston Midtown condos with a view
Updated: November 2018