Much as some experts would disagree, there is a line of thought that we have seen the worst of the housing market slump.
Price drops and declining sales in the Massachusetts housing market moderated in October, two housing reports showed yesterday, suggesting that the months long slump in the real estate market may be nearing its end.
A … sales report on the Massachusetts market, released by Warren Group, a Boston real estate firm and publisher of Banker & Tradesman, found sharper price and sales declines.
Warren Group said prices for single-family homes fell 6.9 percent in October from year-ago levels, while sales dropped 14.9 percent. Condo prices were down 4.8 percent from year-ago levels, according to Warren, and sales were down 19.5 percent.
Warren Group’s data is culled from property sales filed in the state’s registries of deeds. It includes transactions the real estate association does not, such as homes sold without the aid of an agent.
That’s not to mean that prices won’t drop a bit more, especially if 1) international events upset the apple cart; 2) interest rates shoot up; and/or 3) the economy goes into a tailspin.
Helping to smooth the market is a moderating of inventory levels (are people pulling their units off the market because they can’t sell?), lower list prices by sellers (and the willingness to negotiate), and lower interest rates (and going a bit lower, I think, until January … or lower, according to some economists, in second quarter, 2007).
Source: End of housing decline near? – By Kimberly Blanton, The Boston Globe
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Click Here: Back to Boston Real Estate Home Search
Back to homepage: Boston condos for sale
Ford Realty – Boston Real Estate Google Reviews 2019