I guess I was on camera yesterday?
Security cameras are all the rage. I have one in my home. I can set it to alert me to any movement in my home and I can set it to record and send a text message letting me know something is going on. I can take a peek into the room when I am away.
Sometimes homeowners use cameras to watch Boston condo buyers tour their homes or apartments. Recording those Boston home buyers may be illegal if it is done without the buyer’s consent. Watching or listening to the buyers without their knowledge may also be illegal. But I’m not a lawyer so in other words, it may be legal
Homeowners who are selling their Boston condos or renting their apartments that are using cameras should let their broker know so they can inform the potential condo buyers know they are on camera. They should also let their agent know about the cameras because real estate agents may also have some legal exposure.
I like to tell my clients who are touring Boston condos that they could be on camera. I also advise them to wait until we are out of the condominium before commenting on the price or condition of the property.
I was reminded that we were not alone when I was showing a client a house that is for sale and we had a conversation while standing in front of a camera that was somewhat hidden.
Buyers should be aware that anytime they are in someone’s house or even in their yard it is safe to assume there is a camera someplace and that it is recording or that you are being observed real-time.
There are so many makes and models of cameras. I see them on the outside of houses when I walk by. Doorbells with cameras are very popular too.
Just be aware that someone is watching you and listening too
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo-buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Click Here to view: Google Ford Realty Inc Reviews