The Boston Planning & Development Agency has approved a South Boston redevelopment project that will develop four mixed-use buildings at an underutilized industrial site on Dorchester Avenue.
The 323-365 Dorchester Ave. project will include 310 residences, as well as commercial and retail space. A letter of intent for the project was filed last March, and the board approved the project at its Dec. 16 meeting.
Once complete, the development will have two residential buildings and two commercial ones totaling approximately 1.1 million square feet. Seventeen percent of the housing units will be income restricted. There will also be 623,000 square feet of office/life-science space and 50,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space.
Two public plazas are also part of the design, along with a new network of streets, sidewalks and infrastructure. Additionally, the city of Boston has dedicated 1.6 acres of the site as public right of ways and $3 million will be put toward updating and modernizing the Old Colony/Dorchester Avenue intersection.
Click here back to Boston Real Estate Home Search
Ford Realty – Boston Real Estate Google Reviews 2019, 2020 and 2021
Click Here: Seaport Luxury high rise condos
Click here: Beacon Hill Apartment rentals
The project is part of the BPDA’s PLAN: South Boston Dorchester Avenue Planning Initiative, which was approved in December 2016.
A local developer has announced plans to
redevelop the nine-story Fargo Building, a half-vacant, three-building former US Army structure at
451 D St. near the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. It would create 263 residential
condominium units from office and commercial space, with 18,000 square feet of retail space on the
Complete article: Plan to redevelop Fargo building submitted to BRA – Thomas Palmer, Jr., The
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated:: Boston Real Estate Blog 2021