Over 300,000 Massachusetts residents who previously had no health insurance are now covered, due to the Commonwealth’s new law.
According to the Boston Business Journal:
The state’s new law mandating health insurance coverage has spurred more than 300,000 people to sign up before the end-of-year deadline, officials said on Wednesday.
Of that number, about 160,000 have enrolled in subsidized products known as Commonwealth Care, which is offered through the state’s Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority to people based on federal poverty level.
Another 70,000 people have been signed up for the state’s Medicaid program. And more than 63,000 have obtained coverage in unsubsidized offered by the Connector known as Commonwealth Choice or through private insurers.
There’s plenty to not like about this, and certainly there are plenty of problems with the law, as written. (Also, the numbers of people who have signed up for the unsubsidized plan seems low, in comparison …)
But, I am very happy about this.
Source: New law spurs more than 300K to seek health insurance in Mass. – Boston Business Journal
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.