The following information is from the local MLS database, as of September 30, 2006, compared to (last weekâ€™s numbers).
Total # of condos for sale in the city of Boston: 2,899 (2,901)
Average # of days on market: 125 (125)
Median price of all condos for sale in the city of Boston: $389,000 ($389,000)
Average price of all condos for sale in the city of Boston: $561,725 ($553,208)
Number of condos sold (closed) over past 30 days: 261 (392)
Median sales price, last 30 days: $342,00 ($327,500)
Average sales price, last 30 days: $498,263 ($437,097)
Average days on market: 106 (98)
Ratio, closing (sales) price to original (list) price: 93% (93%)
Number of properties going under agreement, last 30 days: 247 (253)
My thoughts: Closings dropped, a lot, but I think this is a matter of timing. The properties that “closed” this week went under agreement from 4-6 weeks ago. Seeing as the median and average sales prices didn’t drop, I think the lower sales figures may have been due to the “end of summer” doldrums, and nothing else. I think we will have an uptick in sales, this fall, but nothing on the level of last September, of course.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos for sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018