From the Augusta Chronicle:
Today’s retirees have yearly per-capita incomes exceeding those of the aged-18-to-55 population, which translates into the purchase of more expensive homes and consumer goods and a subsequent boost in property and sales tax revenues …
… Meanwhile, municipalities also benefit from the fact that retirees do not crowd schools or worsen commuter-traffic problems …
… Upwards of one-quarter of baby boomers are expected to relocate when they retire …
What can Boston do to attract these people?
How about even sidewalks, for starters???
(Added benefit: parents with kids in baby carriages won’t give their children whiplash, anymore.)
Cities find it pays to attract retirees – By Don Sims and Dan Owens, Augusta Chronicle
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.