If you have tried to book a room at a Cape Cod guesthouse or a B&B, this summer, you may have encountered difficulty in finding a place to stay. The reason is, many of these small inns are being sold, and turned into single-family homes or condos.
By Lisa Kalis, New York Times
Tom and Janet Durkin have enjoyed their 17 years of running a bed-and-breakfast on Cape Cod, and now they’re ready to get out. So they put their four-bedroom inn, the Bed and Breakfast of Waquoit Bay, on the market in June for $1.15 million. But they don’t think whoever buys it will be an innkeeper. “We aren’t really marketing it as a B&B sale,” Ms. Durkin said. After financing, she said, the possible income “would never support the real estate value.”
After 17 years of operation, Tom and Janet Durkin have put Bed and Breakfast of Waquoit Bay on the market; they expect that a new owner will use the house as a private residence.
Could the Cape Cod bed-and-breakfast business be going the way of the whaling industry?
Complete article: What’s Killing the B&B’s of Cape Cod?
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
Back to homepage: Boston condos for sale
Ford Realty – Boston Real Estate Google Reviews 2019
Click here back to Boston Real Estate Home Search
Ford Realty – Boston Real Estate Google Reviews 2019 and 2020
Click Here: Back to Boston Real Estate Home Search