Is it better to put down 20% (if you can) or finance 100% of your purchase price, and invest that 20% somewhere else?
Apparently, it’s better to put 20% down. You’ll get a better rate on your 80% loan, if you don’t take out a second, “piggyback” loan (or, if you get the same rate, your origination fees will probably be higher). In addition, you’ll get a better mortgage loan rate on your 80%, plus your investment is guaranteed (more so than putting it into the stock market, at least).
Details: 100% financing : Why putting money down is a better investment choice – By Jack Guttentag, Inman News, by way of The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Q 2018