They tried it in New York’s Times Square. And they may try it in Boston’s Downtown Crossing: A small urban amphitheater for street shows and other events.
The idea is the brainchild of Millennium Partners, as part of the firm’s planned redevelopment of the old Filene’s Building in Downtown Crossing. The amphitheater would theoretically be built over the current Orange Line entrance.
It’s an interesting concept and a potentially smart use of urban space. But keep in mind: The one in NYC is rather small, as the photo above from the Gothamist suggests. So don’t get too excited about its potential impact to host major events.
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos $550k
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.