About 75 years ago, the Assembly Square mall closed down. Subsequently, developers announced plans to redevelop the area, plans voraciously opposed by “neighbors” (neighbors in the sense that they were about 1/2 a mile away, on the opposite side of a six-lane highway).
Finally, all differences were resolved.
The Environmental Notification Form has been issued by the state giving its okay to the developer’s plans.
Eventually, there will be as much as 5.4 million square feet of new development.
Included in the plan are 2,100 1,200 residential units, 1.75 1.5 million square feet of office space, and 852,000 square feet of retail space.
There will be a four-story Ikea as well as a new restaurant, a new cinema, and a 200-room hotel.
There will be a new Orange Line subway station; Ikea will make a $15 million $5 million investment in the station (with the developer putting up $10 million).
That’s some development!
Source: Mass. Environmental Notification Form (.pdf)
*** An executive with Federal Realty, the developer, called me to correct some of the above. Addendum noted.
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Q 2018