Choosing to sell your Boston condo for sale without the assistance of a Boston real estate broker is a major decision that can have far-reaching consequences. Unfortunately, many downtown Boston real estate condo owners do not know how to sell a condominium by owner, and they do not know the process usually requires extensive knowledge of the downtown Boston real estate and banking industries. If you are currently looking to sell a condominium without an agent, here are some potential pros and cons of your choice.
- The prospect of listing a Boston condo for sale by owner can be appealing to homeowners hoping to avoid paying a listing agent commission. When a home is sold, an agent automatically takes a percentage of the final purchase price (usually between four and six percent). This fee is typically paid out of the homeowner’s profits from the sale.
- Midtown condo owners with inflexible schedules may enjoy the ability to schedule their own open houses and showings. Showings are an essential part of the selling process, but if you hire an agent, you may have to work around their busy schedule.
- When listing your Boston condo for sale on your own, many potential buyers will appreciate your inside knowledge of the neighborhood.
- Boston real estate agents have access to a variety of listing portals, such as the MLS. Sellers do not have access to such resources, and it will be much harder for them to market their home to a wide and diverse audience.
- It can be hard to remain objective while showing and marketing your own Beacon Hill condo for sale. Sellers are often emotionally attached to their homes, making it difficult to remain professional and detached when interacting with buyers.
- Selling a home involves completing an immense amount of paperwork. Agents who regularly list Beacon Hill condo for sale have experience filling out these numerous forms and documents
Before going the real estate for sale by owner route, you may want to consider the pros and cons listed above. Every seller must choose the approach that will get their home sold quickly and for the highest dollar. Contact an agent today if you are ready to discuss selling your home.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.