Who wants to be a millionaire? Remember that game show with Regis?
Well I don’t know how many people becaome a millionaire on that show, but you can’t deny there are a lot of millionaires amongst us.
You can imagine the horsepower that homebuyers are up against – millionaires trying to outdo millionaires!
Here are some startling facts:
- Credit Suisse’s latest global wealth report shows there are 46.8 million millionaires (measured in USD) worldwide.
- Of those, 40% or 18.6 million individuals are in the United States.
- This means that about 7.6% of the U.S. adult population are millionaires.
- This indicates that approximately 14% of U.S. households are in the millionaire club
- With a median wealth of $65,904 for an adult in the U.S., $1,000,000 represents 1517% of the median.
- The annual increase in global wealth per adult was 2.6%.
- After the U.S at 40%, the next highest 5 countries for millionaires are China 10%, Japan 6%, United Kingdom 5%, Germany 5%, and France 4%.
- These top six countries represent 70% of the world’s millionaires.
- If you’re a millionaire, you are in the top 0.6% of wealth for the world’s population.
- The nine cities with the most millionaires, in decreasing order are Tokyo, New York City, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Beijing, Osaka, Hong Kong, and Shanghai.