Interesting idea. Offer owners the chance to lower their energy bills, paid for through interest-only loans, ending up not costing the city a dime.
… Cambridge today will launch a sweeping $70 million energy efficiency program to conserve energy in virtually every building within city boundaries …
Property owners will … be offered low- or zero-interest loans to undertake remediation efforts …
Most of Cambridge’s buildings are residential, with around 2,400 others owned by universities and other nonprofits, commercial and industrial landlords, and governments.
… officials expect the greatest and quickest savings will come from working with universities and large commercial and industrial properties, which collectively account for 69 percent of the city’s energy consumption …
*** Shout out to Mathias for the tip ***
Source: Cambridge sets $70m energy initiative – By Thomas C. Palmer Jr., The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.