Coincidently (?), the Globe & Herald both have stories about the Riverside neighborhood, in Cambridge.
Odd, I thought it was known as “Cambridgeport”, but maybe it’s just Realtor-speak.
Long a working-class enclave between the Charles River and Central Square, Riverside is going upscale, and the long-testy relationship between residents and neighbor Harvard University has improved dramatically …
Riverside’s combination of convenient location and rich, quirky architecture are drawing affluent young professionals, who cite Riverside’s offbeat funkiness as one of the chief draws.
Both articles make mention of a new condo complex at 290 Riverside (off Memorial Drive, where the Whole Foods market is located). (Prices in the $400/SF range, btw.)
The townhouses are grouped among seven buildings that all face inward to a landscaped parking court. Each unit features a small garden and garage parking. Prices range from $464,900 for a two-bedroom, one-and-a-half bath to $549,000 for a three-bedroom, two-bath corner unit. The first phase is nearing completion and the second phase has not yet started, but 50 percent of the units in each phase are already under contract.
Source: Down by the Riverside – By James McCown, The Boston Globe
Also: Convenience in Cambridge: New condos sport plenty of wood, windows – By Paul Restuccia, The Boston Herald
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Q 2018