This is exactly what you DON’T want to happen when you buy a home.
Eeka, a condo owner in Roxbury, was doing research on a developer’s plans for putting a single-family home up on the two small parcels of land behind her condo. She couldn’t understand how it was possible that anything could be built on the land, seeing as it was completely surrounded by other buildings – there was no access to the land.
Funny thing. Turns out that what she thought she bought, a driveway next to her building, might actually be a through-way, connecting the main street to the parcels behind her property. At least, that’s what the city is saying. Eeka begs to differ.
The deed to my home (the third floor of a three-decker) only has the floorplan for the third floor and the roof (which I also own). It does, however, state that there is off-street parking deeded to the unit. Since the house touches the property line on the left and front, and is very close to it in the back, there is actually not any off-street parking, if I do find out that the city is correct and the driveway to the house is city property.
Yeah, that would be a very bad thing to have happen.
Eeka headed down to the Registry of Deeds this afternoon to find out what the hell is going on.
My guess is that this isn’t going to be a problem easily solved.
Complete blog entry: If it ain’t broke, don’t redevelop it
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
Click Here: Back to Boston Real Estate Home Search
Back to homepage: Boston condos for sale
Ford Realty – Boston Real Estate Google Reviews 2019