What if a city decided it wanted to reduce the number of people driving cars on its roads during rush hour? Could it do so?
London has. In fact, its program has been very successful.
Theirs is a “program that went from idea to implementation in just 26 months, significantly reducing traffic and pollution while earning approval ratings as high as 59 percent.”
Could it work in an American city?
Some in New York want to find out.
What is needed to make it a success?
… more buses, effective traffic management inside and outside the zone, reliable monitoring technology, a convenient payment system, and steep fines for non-compliance …
Also, the will to make it a success.
More: Congestion Pricing: Does New York Have the Will? – By Brad Aaron, Streetsblog
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.