As mentioned before, I think this is a terrible idea.
A development site next door to the Hub’s new convention center has emerged as a top contender as the FBI pushes ahead with plans to build a giant Boston area headquarters.
Hub developer Peter Palandjian has put in a proposal to build the FBI a roughly 00,000-square-foot Boston command center on D Street near the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, real estate executives familiar with the plan said.
Basically, putting the FBI down there would mean a large swath of land would be ruled inaccessible to anyone, due to safety & security concerns (the FBI needs 5 acres or something, from what I’ve read).
However, I have to say, that location, on D Street, is much better than putting it directly on the Harbor.
Mayor Thomas M. Menino has pushed the idea of locating the FBI headquarters at Fan Pier, currently slated to feature upscale condo, hotel and office high-rises and shops.
That’s just impractical!!!
The D Street location is pretty much a vast wasteland, anyway. If the FBI has to go somewhere on the waterfont, that’d be the place.
Might I suggest western Massachusetts, instead?
Source: G-men eye D Street: Convention center may get FBI as neighbor – By Scott Van Voorhis, The Boston Herald
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $550k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.