Imagine you’re a tenant in an apartment building. You are paying market rent, your unit isn’t protected by rent-control or rent-stabilization; still, you’re not happy because the landlord wants to turn the building into condominiums and this means you’ll have to move somewhere else. I mean, the nerve of the guy!
So, you decide to hold a protest one Sunday morning. You gather outside the property with placards and a bullhorn or two.
Now, imagine you’re a landlord of an apartment building. You decide to turn your building into condos, seeing it as a way to make some money in a free-market economy. You think you’ll have no problem, but then a bunch of tenants decide they just don’t want to move, so they sue you and bring you to court.
Then, these tenants decide to hold a protest one Sunday morning. They gather outside the property with placards and a bullhorn or two.
If you were that landlord, what would you do in response?
Why, you’d hire a marching band to drown out the protesters, of course.
(*** Full disclosure, there are actually rent-controlled tenants in the building, but they are in no danger of being kicked out; the owner of the building is doing the renovations around them. The market-rate tenants are the ones who have sued the owner.)
More: During Swig protest, the marching band plays on – By Amy Zimmer, Metro New York
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $550k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.