I love watching people, sometimes they do the funniest things. Whether you observe them through a window of a Beacon Hill coffee house as they rush to work, or at a bar where a guy is trying to pick up a girl, but you may have no idea how funny they can be at a Boston condo home inspection.
The truth is we all do these things, including myself. Why? I don’t know. I guess it’s just part of this crazy world we live in.
Here is a collection of my favorite Boston condo home inspection behaviors:
- One of the biggest miracles of buying Boston condo is that nearly everyone becomes a drawer and cabinet hinge expert. Almost without fail, buyers will walk into a home and begin examining every piece of carpentry they can get their hands on. My favorite is the look on their faces of extreme concentration as they examine each hinge with the precision of a surgeon. Another very special moment is the silent nod as they close each drawer, giving it their professional stamp of approval.
- Of course, than there is surface guy. Like the cabinet guy, surface guy has a very intense look on his face. He cannot walk by a single counter top, sink, wall, appliance, or anything else without running his hands across it. It is almost as if it were a quality control version of a metal detector. They can sense good surfaces verse bad, I suppose. Or maybe I have a lot of blind clients and I just don’t know it.
- Maybe a Boston real estate agent greatest frustration is the noise sensitive Boston condo buyer. These people can usually be spotted at the bedroom window with their hand cupping their ear like a mini satellite dish as they try desperately to find noise they can’t naturally hear. And of course, this is understandable behavior because when they live in the property they will be spending a lot of time in perfect silence by the window and listening for anything slightly audible that can occur in the city of Boston (yes this is sarcasm).
But sometimes its not only the Boston condo buyer who makes me laugh, but the seller’s creative thinking.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $550k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Over the course of 20 years in the Boston downtown real estate market, John represented and sold numerous, condominiums, investment and development properties in Greater Boston and in the surrounding suburbs
In addition to representing Boston condo buyers and sellers, John is currently one of the most recognized Boston condo blog writers regarding Boston condominiums and residential real estate markets. John's insights and observations about the Boston condo market have been seen in a wide variety of the most established local & national media outlets including; Banker and Tradesman, Boston Magazine The Boston Globe, The Boston Herald and NewsWeek and Fortune magazine, among others.
For over 24 years, John Ford, of Ford Realty Inc., has been actively involved in the real estate industry. He started his career in commercial real estate with a national firm Spaulding & Slye and quickly realized that he had a passion for residential properties. In 1999, John entered the residential real estate market, and in 2000 John Started his own firm Ford Realty Inc. As a broker, his clients have come to love his fun, vivacious, and friendly attitude. He prides himself on bringing honesty and integrity to the entire home buying and selling process. In addition to helping buyers and sellers, he also works with rental clients. Whether you’re looking to purchase a new Boston condo or rent an apartment, you’ll quickly learn why John has a 97% closing rate.
Charles River Park
Surrounding Communities of Boston
John Ford and his staff can be reached at 617-595-3712 or 617-720-5454. Please feel free to stop by John's Boston Beacon Hill office located at 137 Charles Street.
Ford Realty Inc
137 Charles Street
Boston, Ma 02114