In what appears to be a follow-up to their piece about building more micro-apartment units in Boston (see post directly below), the Globe now has an big editorial calling for a revamp of the state’s overall zoning laws.
Maybe “revamp” is too strong a word, but it does say even the most simple and attractive ideas to build new housing, especially in the near suburbs, gets nixed these days. On that score, it’s absolutely right: Too many single-family homes on large lots, not enough multi-family homes on smaller lots, especially near commuter rail and T stops.
The current system is crushing the middle class and the state’s economy, and dramatic changes of some sort are needed.
Boston Real Estate
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018