Governor Patrick Deval has proposed new regulations to protect borrowers from the dangers of subprime loans (and, from themselves?).
Some of the proposal sounds worthwhile.
Others, not so much.
From the Boston Globe:
Patrick would also require borrowers applying for adjustable loans at subprime rates to present proof they have attended a home – buyer counseling course.
Oh, come on. Very few people are going to want to attend a “home – buyer counseling course”. I mean, people are adults, aren’t they? This proposal makes each person out to be an idiot.
I don’t think that this part of the proposal will make it into law.
If it does, expect just about every borrower to end up lying on his or her loan application.
Patrick files bill to help home buyers – By Kimberly Blanton, The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $550k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.