How the mainstream media is reporting today’s Case-Shiller numbers:
- U.S. single-family home prices slowed further in September as higher mortgage rates eroded demand.
- Monthly house prices fell in July for the first time since late 2018.
- The housing market has been hammered by aggressive Federal Reserve interest rate hikes that are aimed at curbing high inflation by dampening demand in the economy.
- Higher rates are causing buyers AND sellers to wait-and-see.
- Inventory is expected to be lower than ever in 2023.
- Realtors aren’t offering viable solutions.