Boston Condos for Sale and Apartments for Rent
How the mainstream media is reporting Case-Shiller numbers
How the mainstream media is reporting today’s Case-Shiller numbers:
- U.S. single-family home prices slowed further in September as higher mortgage rates eroded demand.
- Monthly house prices fell in July for the first time since late 2018.
- The housing market has been hammered by aggressive Federal Reserve interest rate hikes that are aimed at curbing high inflation by dampening demand in the economy.
My interpretation of the Case-Shiller residential sale numbers:
- Higher rates are causing buyers AND sellers to wait-and-see.
- Inventory is expected to be lower than ever in 2023.
- Realtors aren’t offering viable solutions.