The discount real estate firm Redfin announced today that it will abandon the “do-it-yourself” real estate services for a more traditional model.
Strating today Redfin offers buyers an unlimited amount of home showings and will reduce the refunds from 66% to 50% of the commission they receive.
The news release states:
For home-buyers, Redfin is canceling the $250 charges for each tour but also reducing its refund from 66% to 50% of the commission we receive, for a new average savings of $7,500 in fees. Home-buyers who had engaged a Redfin agent or toured properties through Redfin between July 1 and November 5 in 2008 will get the new service with the old commission refund on any offer made by January 31, 2009. Redfin is also offering the old pricing to registered users who had begun a tour request or an offer, but never submitted it to Redfin.
Redfin is also increasing the price of its listing service from a flat fee of $4,000 to $5,000, saving the seller of a $500,000 listing $10,000 in traditional fees. The new premium service will cost $7,000, for a savings of $8,000. Consumers using Redfin to sell one home and buy another save an additional $1,000 in fees, for a total average savings of nearly $20,000 on the two transactions.
Do you think Redfin is in financial trouble?
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Q 2018