Ashmont Hill, in Dorchester, is an awesome place. There are wonderful single-family homes in the area (and, in nearby Melville Park, too).
The Herald’s Paul Restuccia covers the neighborhood in an article, out today.
â€œWhen you hear about Dorchester, itâ€™s usually something negative,â€? said Dan Larner of the nonprofit St. Markâ€™s Area Main Streets program, which helps upgrade the local business district. â€œYet thereâ€™s a lot of good things going on in this neighborhood.â€?
I couldn’t agree, more. You can get a lot of house for your money, down there, even more house, now that the market has cooled.
If you look in MLS, you will see plenty of homes in the $450,000 – $850,000 range – and these are huge Victorians, in various states of repair (or disrepair).
I had considered moving to the neighborhood, and only decided against it because of the need to be close to downtown Boston, where I spend the majority of time.
You always have the subway, though. I don’t recommend driving, because traffic on Dorchester Ave is always bumper-to-bumper (plus, I hear the road is bumpy).
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos for sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018