Messy showings – Boston condos for sale.
When it comes to selling Boston condos some Sellers just don’t get it, a messy home can’t help in the sale of your property.
Recently, one of my real estate agents contacted a Seller to confirm an appointment. The conversation went something like this:
Real Estate Agent: Hello Jim. Just want to confirm our scheduled appointment in one hour.
Seller: Err? Was that for today?
Real Estate Agent: Yes, I was planning to show your Boston condo to a potential Buyer. Is it alright if we stop by in an hour as planned?
Seller: Ok, but my wife went to Disneyland with my child, so the place is a little messy. Did you say in one hour?
Real Estate Agent: Yes.
Seller: Sure, one hour gives me plenty of time to clean up the mess.
Well, you can probably guess what happened; when my agent arrived the place was a disaster. It reminds me of this video below. Enjoy.
After 15 years of Boston condo showings, I’ve compiled some of the worse offenses Sellers can make when presenting a property for sale.
1. Bad smells can be a real turn off to potential buyers. The most common offenses include; food, dirty laundry and weed (pot).
2. Leaving pets in the home when the property is being shown. Some buyers are intimidated by certain animals and may avoid a room where their residing.
3. When the condo owner is lingering around when the real estate agent is showing the property. This can sometimes create awkward situations for all parties involved.
4. Unkempt bathrooms specifically un-flushed toilets, dirty bathtubs and sinks.
5. When the condo has poor lighting. Its best to keep the condominium bright and sunny when possible.
Bottom line, please clean your home before the real estate agent shows your condo for sale. A messy home is a big negative when your trying to sell a property.
If you’d like more information please feel free to call our office at 617-720-5454. You can also reach us via email at email@example.com.
Source of home video: Youtube.com
View Back Bay condos for sale:
For more information on how to be a Boston condo owner please contact John Ford at 617-720-5454. You can also email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay
- Beacon Hill
- Charlestown Navy Yard
- Dorchester Heights
- Jamaica Plain
- Leather District
- Seaport District
- South Boston
- South End
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018