A neighborhood association for a 55-plus community in Largo, Fla., west of Tampa, has filed suit against grandparents Judie and Jimmy Stottler, who have been caring for their 3 1/2-year-old granddaughter.
The community prohibits permanent residents younger than 18. The child has been living with the Stottlers since she was 6 months old.
The Stottlers say they are unable to move because they can’t sell their house, even after lowering the asking price by $10,000 to $189,000. Also, Judie Stottler says they are unable to return the child to her mother because their daughter has a drug problem and isn’t capable of caring for the little girl.
Neither the neighborhood association nor its attorney would comment.
Source: Neighborhood Association Sues Grandparents – Associated Press by way of Realtor.org
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.