Steve Bailey, Globe columnist, discusses events taking place in two of my favorite neighborhoods: the Seaport District and Kenmore Square.
Joe Fallon is putting up a hotel, an apartment building, and a bunch of condos down on the waterfront. And, of course, he recently paid $100 million for Fan Pier land parcel.
He has some grand plans for the land. And, a very aggressive time-line (first building open by end of 2006?!).
If he pulls it off, he deserves all the money that comes his way. Plus he might very well become Boston’s first superstar developer*.
The better story is the one below this one, about how Popeyes restaurants want to open a “chicken and biscuits” store in the Buckminster building. Not surprisingly, some of the neighbors are unhappy (not surprising, because, well, is anyone ever happy?). They’d like something a little more upscale.
I agree. But, if you go through Kenmore Square you can see, it’s nowhere near getting off the ground. The Popeyes won’t help, but it won’t hurt, either.
* Okay, maybe not the first. But, pretty much no one remembers Harold Brown. The rest of ’em are just superstar wannabees.
By Steve Bailey, The Boston Globe
Joe Fallon is becoming Boston’s Mr. Waterfront.
The Boston developer is part of a team now building the convention center hotel, a Westin, due to open in June. One of his apartment buildings across from Jimmy’s Harborside is open and 40 percent leased, and his neighboring building, with 308 condos, should be open next summer, too. Now he is ready to start on the biggest prize of all: Fan Pier, the alleged jewel of the waterfront he bought this fall for $115 million.
Complete column: Boston sampler
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: Boston Real Estate News 2021