A Texas-based developer is planning to build a new 255-unit apartment complex on the “gritty” site of the now abandoned and vandalized Bonney’s Express trucking business at 320 D Street in South Boston.
And by “gritty’ we mean gritty. It’s the highly industrialized area behind the new South Boston Convention Center, roughly where the old Teamsters Local 82 headquarters used to be on D Street. There’s a bunch of crazy right and left turns you have to take to get into and out of the area.
Though some neighborhood critics are skeptical about the plan from a residential standpoint, perhaps most of the skepticism should be aimed at whether the apartment project is viable or not from a business standpoint. It’s definitely a gamble, considering the hardscrabble nature of the neighborhood.
But it could pay off big time for Lincoln Property.
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENT
- Boston Back Bay condos for sale and rent
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for saleand rent
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale and rent
- Charlestown Navy Yard sale and rent
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale and rent
- Fenway Boston condos for sale and rent
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale and rent
- Leather District Boston condos for sale and rent
- Midtown Downtown condos for sale and rent
- Seaport District condos for sale and rent
- South Boston condos for sale and rent
- South End Boston condos for sale and rent
- Waterfront condos for sale and rent
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.