Harvard University today released a sweeping plan to transform a 250-acre swath of Allston into an expanse of academic facilities, student housing and a new public square that officials said would be a twin to Cambridge’s Harvard Square across the river, with a plaza, retail stores, theaters and a new art museum.
When the first 20-year phase of the project is finished, officials said it will include 4 to 5 million square feet of new building space and create at least 5,000 new jobs.
Oh, wait. I misread the story. I thought that Harvard was proposing to build this on Mars, not in Allston.
There’s about as much chance they’ll be able to complete it, after the neighborhood’s NIMBYs get their say.
Awww, I’m just being sour and cynical, I know.
It is an exciting proposal, and I can’t wait for it to happen. It’s exactly the type of development we need within our city’s borders. Bravo, Harvard, bravo.
Source: Harvard details Allston campus plan – By Donovan Slack, The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Quarter 2018